- Cat Food Products
- Dog Food Products
- Ferret Food
- Our Blog
- Pet Health
- More Information
- Join Us on
- Order Now
- Shopping Cart
- Contact Us
- Site map
Better in the Raw with Liver - Raw Dog Food
Better In The Raw with Liver is a premix for preparing a raw meat diet for dogs. This raw diet is ideal for dogs of all ages and is made with 100% human grade ingredients. No grains of any kind are used. Just add water and raw meat.
Click here to read our Better in the Raw Brochure
Better in the Raw with Liver is designed to be combined with water, raw meat, and optional vegetables in the amounts and proportions stated in our literature. It is not a food for dogs on its own nor meant to be a sprinkle-on vitamin supplement. No additional supplementation is necessary when feeding this raw meat based diet.
* Holistic Veterinarian Approved
Ingredients: Egg yolk, calcium lactate, spray dried beef liver, gelatin, rice bran, whey protein concentrate, beet root, psyllium husks, EFA from fish, barley grass powder, kelp, taurine, rose hip, parsley flakes, Vitamin E succinate, Vitamin B complex.
Existing Customers please note: Our original formula is back with egg yolk included!
Please note the recipe change.
Raw Dog Food Recipe - to make a 3lb. batch:
• 2lbs. (900g) raw meat of your choice
• 1 1/2 cups of water*
• 1/2 cup Better in the Raw with Liver
• ½lb (225g) vegetables, chopped and
steamed (vegetables are optional)
Larger batches can be made and frozen for convenience.
(* Add more water if desired - especially when preparing the food using ground meat.)
• Pour 1 1/2 cups of cold water into a bowl, add 1/2 cup Better in the Raw with liver powder, and whisk.
• Thoroughly, but gently combine 2lbs. of meat and optional vegetables. Mix well.
• Divide into serving sizes based on the weight of your dog.
|1/4lb. or 1/2 cup||for a 10-12lb. dog|
|1/2lb. or 1 cup||for a 20-25lb. dog|
|1lb. or 2 cups||for a 40-50lb. dog|
|2lbs. or 4 cups||for a 100lb. dog|
• Freeze the finished product for storage. Thaw as needed.
• Thaw frozen dog food by warming to room temperature in a warm water before serving. Remove un-eaten food within 30 minutes to be refrigerated.
• Avoid microwaving on a regular basis.
The dog food will keep fresh for 24 hours once thawed and refrigerated.
Nutritional Information: Based on "as fed" per pound of finished dog food including meat.
63.7g or 14%
6.0g or 1.3%
49.0g or 10.8%
4.71g or 1%
You Add: Raw meat, water and vegetables (optional).
The ingredients we use are without exception of human grade quality. All raw materials are 100% natural, and no preservatives, colours, or other artificial additives are used.
Sizes and Cost of Feeding
Cost to feed a 25 lb Dog is $1.00- $1.50 per day including the meat, based on a total cost of $2.50/lb.
Better in the Raw with liver comes in 5 sizes:
* trial size makes 6lbs. of finished food
• 12oz. makes 15 lb. of finished food
• 2 lb. makes 40 lb. of finished food
• 5 lb. makes 100 lb. of finished food
• SAVE - 25 lb. bucket makes 500 lb. of finished food - get together with family and friends buy a bucket and save 40% or more.
To view the cost of each size, click order now and select your region.
Please call us toll free for more information or to order by phone 1(866)922-6463